UK Sport co-ordinates bids to host major sporting events in the UK. The bidding process is a very long and complex process that often required UK Sport consultants to spend considerable amounts of time supporting event managers in the administration of the process.
UK Sport wanted to automate the process where possible in order to free up their consultants’ time to support event managers on bid strategy rather than administration.
They chose SharePoint as a secure extranet platform and set the following objectives:
- Engage event managers in the bidding process, ensuring return visits
- Clearly communicate the process and its various stages
- Ensure the right information is available at every stage
- Educate event managers on requirements for each part of the process
- Enable success through best practice sharing